The Fatalities' data can be shown either by the date of the event in which they were hurt, or by the date of their death. Since some of the fatalities died of their injuries days, weeks and sometimes months after they were hurt, choosing the view affects the distribution of data.
|Data by the date of event,
* - *
|Gaza Strip||West Bank||Total|
|Palestinians killed by Israeli security forces||4852||1852||6704||70|
|Palestinians killed by Israeli civilians||4||46||50||3|
|Israeli civilians killed by Palestinians||39||216||255||504|
|Israeli security force personnel killed by Palestinians||106||147||253||92|
|Foreign citizens killed by Palestinians||11||7||18||40|
|Foreign citizens killed by Israeli security forces||6||6||12||0|
|Palestinians killed by Palestinians||546||134||680||0|
|Data on minors and women (included in previous table)||Occupied Territories||Israel|
|Gaza Strip||West Bank||Total|
|Palestinian minors killed by Israeli security forces||1045||328||1373||3|
|Palestinian women killed by Israeli security forces||220||54||274||1|
|Israeli minors killed by Palestinians||4||40||44||85|
|Israeli women killed by Palestinians||7||46||53||182|
|Palestinians killed by Palestinians for suspected collaboration with Israel||25||109||134||0|
|Data on participation in the hostilities and targeted killings (included in first table)||Occupied Territories||Israel|
|Gaza Strip||West Bank||Total|
|Palestinians who did not take part in the hostilities and were killed by Israeli security forces ( not including the objects of targeted killings)||2283||838||3121||5|
|Palestinian killed by Israeli security forces, Not known if involved in fighting||294||404||698||4|
|Palestinians who took part in the hostilities and were killed by Israeli security forces||1840||473||2313||61|
|Palestinians who were the object of a targeted killing||187||82||269||0|
|Palestinians killed during the course of a targeted killing||346||107||453||0|
|Palestinian police officers who were killed inside police stations||248||0||248||0|
The figures do not include:
- Palestinians killed by an explosive device that they set or was on their person.
- Four Palestinian-citizens of Israel killed by Israeli military gunfire in the Territories.
- Palestinians killed by an explosive device that they set or was on their person .
- Palestinians executed by the Hamas Government
- Palestinians who died after Israel delayed their transfer for medical treatment outside the Gaza Strip.edit
- Two Jewish Israeli citizens and One member of the Israeli security forces, killed by a Palestinian citizen of Israel in Nahariya in September 2001 .
- Two traffic police officers who were shot to death on 15 March 2009 near the moshav Massu’a, in the Jordan Valley. The circumstances of their death have not yet been determined.
- One Jewish Israeli citizen killed within Israel by a Palestinian-Israeli citizen in October 2000 .
- Eight Turkish citizens and one American citizen of Turkish origin who were killed on 31 May '10 by Israeli security forces during an action to gain control of a flotilla to Gaza, in international waters.
- 12 Palestinian citizens of Israel killed within Israel by the Israeli Police in October 2000 .
- A soldier, he was killed on 7 January 2011 when struck by a mortar shell soldiers fired at armed persons near the Gaza perimeter fence.
- Seven members of the Ghaliya family (the two parents and their five children, one an adult), who were killed in June 2006 in an explosion on the coast by Beit Lahiya, in the northern Gaza Strip. The cause of the explosion remains unclear.
- One Israeli citizen killed by gunfire in Jenin on 11 April 2011. The identity of the shooter and the reason for the shooting remains unknown.
- One Palestinian-citizen of Israel killed by Border Police gunfire within Israel in July 2003.
- One Palestinian minor, resident of East Jerusalem, killed on 13 May 2011 by gunfire during clashes with security forces and with security guards of the Jewish settlement in Silwan, in East Jerusalem. The identity of the shooter remains unknown.
- Five Palestinian citizens of Israel killed by an absconded Israeli soldier on a bus in Shfar'am, within Israel , in August 2005 and the shooting soldier, beaten to death by Palestinian-citizens of Israel.
- One Israeli citizen, killed when struck by a truck in Tel Aviv on 15 May 2011.
- Six Israeli civilians and a member of the Israeli security forces who were shot to death on 18 August 2011 in an attack near Eilat. According to the IDF spokesperson, eight of the attackers were also killed. Their identity is not yet known.
- One Palestinian resident of a-Sheikh Sa'ed was killed on May 2007 during a fire exchange between Palestinian militants and Israeli policemen at the a-Sheikh Sa'ed checkpoint in East Jerusalem.
- One Israeli citizen from Kfar Qana, who was killed in August 2007 in the Old City in East Jerusalem after he grabbed a security guard's weapon.
- A soldier, he was killed on 18 August 2011 by soldiers’ gunfire during an exchange of gunfire near Eilat.
- One Twelve-year-old Israeli child who, in August 2007 while on a family visit in the village of Saida in Tulkarm district, was killed by undercover troops who had come to arrest his brother and his brother's friend, who were wanted by Israel.
- A Palestinian fisherman shot and wounded by soldiers on 28 September 2012 while fishing off the coast of Beit Lahiya, near the northern border of Gaza, died a few hours later in the hospital. A B'Tselem inquiry indicates a suspicion of negligence in the medical treatment provided to the man.
- Five Palestinians who were killed during Operation Pillar of Defense in the Gaza Strip under circumstances that suggest they were hit by a Palestinian rocket. B’Tselem has been unable to verify this information.
- A Palestinian killed on 14 January 2013 by gunfire approximately one kilometer from the military fence around the Gaza Strip. Source of gunfire unknown.
- Palestinian prisoner who died on 23 February 2013 in Israel Prisons Service custody during the period when he was being interrogated by the General Security Services. The circumstances of his death are still under investigation.
- Palestinians who died after Israel delayed their transfer for medical treatment outside the Gaza Strip.
- Palestinians who died in the West Bank after medical treatment was delayed due to restrictions of movement
- Palestinians executed by Palestinian Authority in the Occupied Territories until June 2005